Monday, July 2, 2007

Sexy Vegans


It ain't easy being vegan... unless you're, like, an iguana. (Or one of those annoying human beings possessing that elusive thing called will power.) Thankfully, there are a lot of little known food shops out there that can make the transition to a veggie lifestyle a lot easier. I'm going to start highlighting approximately one every week or so.

For the carnivores out there, don't feel left out. I'm sure Hot Mama will post some more of her sexy recipes soon. And although the foods I'll be discussing are free of animal products, they are still sinfully yummy to even the most meat and dairy loving of taste buds, as well as being organic and environmentally friendly.

STOP ONE: ALLISON'S GOURMET

AG makes everything from vegan brownies to vegan candies, cookies, coffee and hot cocoa. And she does it oh so damn well! (No dairy, zero cholesterol.) I particularly recommend her vegan fudge and lemon poppy seed cookies, while my kids give 2 thumbs up to her mint chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon snickerdoodle cookies. Whatever your favorite wicked indulgence might be, chances are Allison's Gourmet makes it better than you've ever tasted it before.

Eat Sexy and Feel Sexy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ALLISONS. I COMPLETELY AGREE ABOUT THE FUDGE!

Jaid Black said...

Marcia, it's some yummy stuff, I know :-P