Monday, January 19, 2009

Afterglow


Post-Holiday Playthings
By Maggie Casper

The holiday season is finally over. I hope you received all the naughty gifts you’d ever hoped for!

It tends to take a bit of time after the holidays to settle back into a regular routine of work and family responsibilities, so I wanted to do a simple article, one that didn’t require too much thought to get through. A quick read to give you overworked and under-relaxed ladies out there some down time before the Valentine’s Day excitement starts.

With that in mind, I reviewed a very cute multipurpose vaginal/anal dildo named Wanda and a triple stimulation vibrating toy called Dreamboat. I hope you enjoy.

Yours in Pleasure,
Maggie Casper




Wanda: Silly Look, Serious Stimulation

My first reaction upon seeing Wanda was to giggle. It is a very odd-looking dildo for sure but don’t let that little fact sway you. When it comes to non-vibrating toys that are great for both vaginal and anal play, Wanda is it! Those of you thinking about getting Wanda for your man, just tell him to overlook how cute and unmacho Wanda is. Instead he should think about the blissful prostate massages in his future.

Wanda’s nonporous phthalate-free silicone material makes it easy to clean and sanitize which means it is perfect for both vaginal and anal use.

Wanda’s tapered length is pleasing even for those new to anal penetration. Just remember not to use your Wanda with a silicone-based lube! The flexibility of this product is nearly perfect. It is not too rigid and yet does not wilt under the pressure of vigorous play. Once it’s inserted, rotating Wanda’s base will cause you to shiver and writhe in pleasure. Due to Wanda’s unique shape, you will feel every internal movement.

The slight curve to Wanda’s tip means better stimulation to the G-spot for those who wish to use Wanda for vaginal play. The bulges, or speed bumps as I have come to refer to them, feel wonderful as you guide Wanda’s curvy length in and out of your body. The fact that Wanda fits into a harness with the added stability of o-rings makes the versatility off the charts for any orientation of singles, couples or more who want to play.

As always I have looked for something I would consider a negative with Wanda and have yet to really find it. Wanda’s price might seem a little steep at first glance but if you are a lover of well made and versatile anal toys, Wanda is well worth it. The only difference I can even begin to think of to improve Wanda would be in making it a waterproof, vibrating toy. Other than that, I think due to the size, shape and being Phthalate Free and hypoallergenic, Wanda is one of the best non-vibrating anal dildos I have every used.

Details
Total length: 6.5 inches
Insertable length: 5.5 inches
Circumference at widest point: 4.5 inches
Materials: This item is made of a Phthalate Free material Manufacturer: Fun Factory
Price: $49.95 (currently on sale for $34.88)


Dreamboat: Not So Dreamy

I was really excited about this toy. I mean, who wouldn’t be excited by the prospect of triple stimulation? It has a shape that just screams fun. The little nubs on both the anal and clitoral stimulating ends of the Dreamboat look like a dream come true, so you can imagine my sadness at finding this toy not living up to my expectations at all. I am going to start with the things I did not like about the Dreamboat.

The very first thing I noticed upon opening the package was a chemical smell that did not seem to lighten as much as I would have liked after washing. The vinyl material feels a bit tacky to the touch and somewhat uncomfortable to insert without lube. Although the vibrations felt strong against my hand, they vastly diminished once the dildo extension was seated completely inside me. So not only was I not overly thrilled by the intensity of the vibrations as they resonated through the toy but I was also not overly thrilled by the overall build of the toy. The clitoral stimulation protrusion fell short, not reaching my clit without lots and lots of manipulation. And when I did get it aligned just right in order to reach my clit, the anal stimulator fell short of its mark. It could just be the way my body is shaped and as such, your mileage experience might differ.

The thing I liked most about the Dreamboat is the G-spot dildo. It has a nice shape. The Dreamboat has a bit more of a curve than many other G-spot toys I have tried, making it a better fit for my body. While inserted, it is comfortable for rocking against and the remote makes changing speeds very easy. Another positive is that the Dreamboat is made of phthalate-free and latex-free materials.

I wish I could give a better review for this product. Things like what I see as a design flaw could merely be caused by the shape of my body. The less than stellar vibrations could also very well be perfect for someone who does not like more intense vibrations the way I do. Overall I think Dreamboat is a mediocre triple stimulation toy and would suggest you read and compare other reviews before making up your mind.

Details
Total length: 4.5 inches
Insertable length: 3.25 inches
Circumference: 4.5 inches
Power Two AAA batteries required
Materials: This item is made of Phthalate Free material Manufacturer: Vibratex


Maggie Casper is the author of 10 Ellora’s Cave Romantica books. Learn more about her at her website.

No comments: