Saturday, February 14, 2009

Paris is Burning

A Q&A with new Ellora's Cave author Paris Brandon





Batman or Iron Man?
Batman. He's got that whole dark, tortured hero thing going for him.
Tuxedo or jeans?
Tuxedo. A man who looks good in a tux looks good in anything.
Pickup truck or sports car?
Sports car. I have some very fond memories of a yellow MG.
Chocolate or flowers?
Bring me chocolate-covered candied orange peel and I just might follow you anywhere.
Jewelry or lingerie?
That's a tough one but I'm going with lingerie. I'm more likely to get a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret than I am the little diamond store on the corner.Dick or cock?Cock. Dick makes me think of locker room jokes and it's hard to type when I'm laughing.


Tell us about No Holds Barred and what you hope readers will enjoy about it.
When Raphaella Dotti catches a glimpse of younger man, Jake Truhorn, she's humming "happy birthday to me" before the handsome young artist starts flirting with her. It doesn't take long before he has her naked and breathless in his hotel room, where they spend the next 12 hours celebrating. Then she slips away while he sleeps but he tracks her down and charms her into a year of long-distance, Sunday morning phone conversations that pave the way to her agreeing to spend her next birthday with him, celebrating with a week of unbridled, no holds barred, anything goes sex.


What is your favorite word and why?
My favorite word is lyrical, because it's one of the few words that actually sound like their definition.

Least favorite?
Moisten. Let's just say that a word repeated too often can become irritating.


Besides your significant other, who would you make love with if you could pick anyone in the world, any time throughout history and why?
Nostradamus. Men talk in their sleep, and advance knowledge is always helpful.What is the most seductive thing a man can do for you? I've always thought that a foot massage is pure bliss.If you could have one magical power, what would it be?Multiplicity. If there were a Paris 2 and 3, they could be at the dentist and shopping while I work, without interruption, on my next book.


What do you wish men understood better about women's sexuality?
That getting there is half the fun!


What else should we know about you?
I have a serious addiction to Mahjong Titans. I play only when I've been working five hours or have stared at a blank page for 30 minutes. The concentration helps writer's block. At least that's what I tell myself.

No comments: