Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snapshot of Pam McKenna


Tell us about your upcoming release and what you hope readers will enjoy about it.
PHOTO PLAY started with a simple premise, and I got totally carried away writing it.
Darla Carmody is bored with her fiancĂ© and their lackluster sex life. Being the inexperienced, self-effacing person she is, she figures it must be her fault—she’s just not sexy enough. The solution? She’ll present her man with naughty lingerie photos of herself. She doesn’t count on the photographer, Konrad Drummond, being a too-sexy-for-words Dom with a taste for shy women who haven’t a clue about their own sensual appeal. What should have been a sedate, professional photo session turns into a BDSM sex-fest as Kon introduces Darla to the erotic pleasures of bondage, spanking and acts she never imagined consenting to. The all-seeing eye of his camera captures her complete sexual submission, making her feel more exposed, and more sexually alive, than she ever thought possible. Kon teaches Darla to embrace a part of herself she never knew existed, yet he refuses to acknowledge his feelings for her. Ultimately, PHOTO PLAY is about self-discovery, both sexual and emotional.
I love stories like this, which find their own energy and sweep you along for the ride.

What is your favorite word and why?
Cockalorum. How can you not love a word that means “self-important little man”?
Least favorite?
Promiscuous. How many times have you heard that word applied to a man? I rest my case.

Besides your significant other, who would you make love with if you could pick anyone in the world, any time throughout history and why?
This week? Daniel Craig. Ask me again next week.

What is the most seductive thing a man can do for you?
To make me feel beautiful when I know I’m a wreck.

If you could have one magical power, what would it be?
To time-travel into the future and the past.

What do you wish men understood better about women’s sexuality?
That they’ll never understand women’s sexuality. Embrace the mystery, fellas (but keep trying).

Batman or Iron Man?
See, now you’re asking me to choose between Robert Downey Jr. on the one hand and Christian Bale, George Clooney, Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton on the other. I mean, Bob Jr. is cute and all, but please.
Tuxedo or jeans?
I’ll take George Clooney in the tuxedo and Daniel Craig in the jeans.
Pickup truck or sports car?
Hmm…a dinky two-seater vs. something with a “bed.” Tough choice.
Chocolate or flowers?
No contest. I never got an endorphin high from eating flowers. And God knows I’ve tried.
Jewelry or lingerie?
I’ll take one of those diamond bras from Victoria’s Secret. (Betcha never saw that one comin’!)
Dick or cock?
Sure, cock has more meanings, but dick is more linguistically versatile. As in “What a dick,” “Stop dicking around” and “Did you see the cock on that private dick?”

What else should we know about you?
I’ve written a bunch of romance novels under a different name, but my number-one passion is erotica. When it comes to five-alarm stories, I hold nothing back. The “squirm factor” is everything. I figure if I’m not squirming when I write it, my readers won’t be squirming when they read it, so it’s wild ride all around!

No comments: