Monday, August 9, 2010

10th Anniversary Contest Round Two

We received so many wonderful responses to our 10th anniversary contest "How Has Ellora's Cave Improved Your Sex Life?" that we have to run them in batches for voting. So for the next few weeks, we'll post a few at a time and you can vote for the winner in each batch. Then we'll re-run each winner as a semi-finalist for a final voting round. The winner of each round will win a free ebook of her (or his) choice. The grand prize winner will receive a netbook computer!

Congratulations to Linda, who won the first round Readers' Poll with her short and sweet gettin' busy on the pool table entry. She wins a free ebook of her choice and goes on to the finalist round, where she is eligible to win the grand prize, a netbook computer!
Here are the Round Two Entries:

Barbara

I am a stay-at-home mother to two young children, aged 5 & 3. I help run our family business from our home while caring for the children and running the household. My husband works 12-hour days--my time and attention are constantly in demand. The only time I get to myself is a few nights a week when I can take a long soak in the tub and read. I love Romantica®--it helps me to relax and transports me to another place and time, while giving me ideas on how to spend alone time with my husband :) Right now, I am reading The Breeds series by Lora Leigh. The intense attractions, steamy sex scenes and overwhelming love are just what I need at the end of a long day to put me in a relaxed state of mind and give my marriage the attention it deserves.

My attraction to my husband has grown, intensifying our lovemaking and bringing us more pleasure. Being able to relax and think sexy thoughts has improved not only my sex life, but my married life as well.

Erika

My man wants to try everything we read!! Yeah!!

Toi

For you to understand the scope of the change in my life I'll give you a little of my background.

I was raised in a VERY strict, VERY catholic household. You could say that I've had my inhibitions drummed into my head from birth. It was only reinforced when I attended school. Puberty hit me early (10yrs old) and I was blessed with large breasts. Unfortunately the nuns didn't think so, and I was forced to tie them down daily (Ace bandage). It got to the point that as I got older I thought there had to be something wrong with me. I was a bookworm and really a geek (but with a body that could kill, I'm told) but I was ultra shy. That shyness stuck with me. I eventually married and was a virgin until then.

He was very conservative and our sex life was almost obligatory for me. I didn't enjoy sex, and didn't have a clue what an orgasm was but I was sure it was only for the "naughty girls." We divorced after nine years of marriage and by that time I figured the BIG O was a myth. I used books as my escape from everyday life. I already enjoyed romance novels but after my divorce I was really disillusioned with them. So the next time I was in Borders I checked out the other selections. The Ellora's Cave cover picture caught my eye. So I said "what the hell" and picked it up. I didn't even read the back of the book as was my wont (truly adventurous for me).

I got home that night and followed my regular routine; helped my children with homework, prepared supper, bathed kids, prayers and then tucked them in. I even did a couple loads of laundry and cleaned up around the house. I finally settled down, made a pot of tea, turned on some classical music and sat down with my book Double Trouble by A. James.

Wow!!!!!!

That book was like foreplay! For the first time in my life I was aroused and by a book. I'd been married and had three children but I had never felt like I did after reading just a portion of that book. I was an eye-opening experience. I went to work the next day and it was like a veil had been lifted from my eyes and my inhibitions! My imagination was working overtime on a couple of my coworkers who flirted with me constantly. I'd been putting them off, but now the thoughts in my head were anything but off putting...lol. I decided that the book wasn't bad, and decided to go get another one. (I'm a fast reader, 916 words a minute.)

I picked up two that time, with the same results. I thought if they can do it why not me? I was tired of being the "nice" girl, I was lonely and I finally realized that I'm entitled to a life too! So I decided to take a chance and I invited the gentlemen from work to my house for dinner...both of them. My plan was to seduce them. Mind you...I had NO idea what I was doing but with my newfound confidence I was doing it anyway!

I'd sent the kids to their aunt's house for the weekend so that wasn't a concern. I was as ready as I was going to get. I'd prepared dinner. I wore a silky blouse with ample cleavage and it was light enough you couldn't fail to see my nipples, especially as excited and scared as I was. I also wore silk pants that were easy to remove. Like I said, I was going to be naughty if it killed me.

When my doorbell rang, I almost passed out I was so nervous. But surprisingly the evening went well. I thought I'd be uncomfortable but the guys put me at ease...sort of. The constant casual touches were anything but casual. I was on fire. They asked me what brought on the change in attitude? I went to the book shelf and pulled out my Ellora's Cave collection. Ironically, they picked Double Trouble to skim through. By this time I squirming in my chair, my panties were soaked and I was panting. They decided that since that book caused my "transformation" then they were going to act out the sex scenes in the book for me. OH MY GOD!!! (Both men were built like Greek gods!!)

That night turned into an ENTIRE weekend of glorious sex!!!! I finally had my first orgasm, (they took care of that immediately) I have so much more confidence in myself and my abilities. I realize that there was nothing wrong with me to begin with. I just need the right stimulus and boy did I find it...times two! I'll forever be an Ellora fan!

Melody

Well it has helped me to open up to the passion inside me. I never knew that I have a passionate side until I started reading romance and erotic books. I am the mother of four and a wife of 24 years. But I feel like I just woke up to myself, the real me. I explore the passionate side of me and I enjoy sex (therefore so does my husband). We have enjoyed our sex life more in the last year than ever in my life. If I was a young 20-something, and single, wooooo I could get into all kinds of trouble. See, I told you I am loving it.

3 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

My goodness me, Toi. It sounds like the basis for a book!!

Brandy B aka Brandlwyne said...

I went with Melody, it was short but realistic. All the stories were good and Toi I just don't know what to say.....

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the realistic notion, Brandy. I think Barbara hit it too, saying Toi's entry sounds like the basis for a book. Ellora's Cave not only improves people's real-world sex life but also their fantasy sex life. ;-)